I have owned and operated two service companies which merged into one, still in business after almost 20 years. The company was sold and I began writing and consulting while I completed my MBA at Oklahoma State University in 2006 with emphasis on Marketing and Project Management.
My special expertise is in helping people evaluate entrepreneurial ventures, formulate business and marketing plans and structure their companies to be both lucrative and fulfilling. In addition, I have some techniques for transition planning and project management that I use to help clients move from one phase of operations to the next level.
Confidential Services – For the last 10 years, I’ve been working out of the public eye with Inventors, Scientists, Authors, Entrepreneurs, Investors and Business Leaders in high trust, confidential projects. Most of the time, I stay with clients for several years – in the beginning on an intense level to clean things up, create structures and plans, develop alliances and strategies. Once the crisis is passed, I can stay on as an advisor on retainer or work on other projects. The time this takes varies depending on the severity of the problems, scope of the project and deadlines that need to be met. Learn more about this on the “It’s Complicated” page. I don’t take very many clients at this level, but it is one of my favorite things to do – helping people sleep peacefully at night, knowing they are on track and in legal compliance.
Because of the breadth of my business knowledge, combined with writing and marketing skills, I can quickly and effectively create an online footprint with website, mobile app, social media channels and search engine optimization that gets found fast. In web and print advertising, having just the right words and communicating each company’s unique flavor and capabilities make the most impact.
Specialties:Entrepreneurial experience with service companies and micro-businesses, Marketing and promotional materials, Business plans, Strategic Plans, Trusted Advisor
- Strategic Planning – Action oriented, flexible model for short and mid-term corporate goals, start-up formation. Where do you want to go, how are you going to get there, how will you know when you reach the goal, how will you know when to adjust and revise the plan?
- Project Planning and Project Management – Specializing in practical tools that can be reviewed, revised and adapted in today’s rapid-change business environment. Done for you, or preferably with you and your team so you can independently create short and long-term project plans as you grow and the marketplace changes.
- Training Program Development for field work and for digital work flows. Duplicate your best practices and best employees, increase confidence and performance and prevent misunderstandings, frustration and wasted time, resources and effort.
- Traditional business plan creation to obtain funding and refine your business model with full financial and market projections.
- Start-Up Strategic Planning, Team Building, Pre-Branding and Marketing Materials – Making sure IP is protected, inventors and founders preserve equity, the business profitability model is solid. Creating a digital footprint, investor documents and showing that marketing is attractive and viable helps secure capital and key team members.